B2B eCommerce for Multi-level Marketing Businesses
- Solution B2B eCommerce
- Platform Magento 2
Britt Worldwide (BWW) provides sales training services and products to Independent Amway Business Owners worldwide. Their online products and services are available for registered members only and accessible through an integrated single sign-on to their new eCommerce site and legacy systems.
- Create BWW's new eCommerce site on Magento 2, replacing the existing ASP/.Net eCommerce site with parity in functionality and conversion of all historical data
- Adding new features for improved sales tax nexus management, new business rules for subscriptions, new historical reporting for each IBO user, and support for selling seminars.
- Achieving business continuity and backwards compatibility with retained legacy systems.
BWW's pre-existing Microsoft ASP/.Net system is integrated with several back-office legacy systems with extensive historical data for accounting and reporting as well as web-based systems for managing various iPhone and Android mobile apps across their customer base. Among the key requirements for their new eCommerce system is complete data conversion of all historical orders, including active and inactive subscriptions, to provide new comprehensive down-line sales and revenue reporting in the new eCommerce site for the logged in user.
The pre-existing B2B e-Commerce site provides the ability for IBO's to purchase products (such as training materials, books, and videos) and subscriptions for online services (such as video streaming, domain name registration, and web hosting). The new B2B e-Commerce site needs the added ability to sell seminar events as e-Tickets with SMS/Text delivery, better handling and management of sales tax nexus, and many modifications to BWW's unique requirements for monthly/annual subscription accounting (with ability for users to downgrade, upgrade, renew and cancel subscriptions). In addition, the new e-Commerce system must integrate with other legacy Microsoft ASP/.Net systems that will not be replaced so that the businesses using the system have single sign-on.
- Britt Worldwide selected Magento Commerce 2 with a self-hosted configuration to co-exist with their ASP/.Net systems also self-hosted. Kadro worked with BWW on the setup, configuration and migration of the new and legacy systems to Amazon's AWS.
- The replatform project required the porting of many features and capabilities provided from the custom ASP/.Net legacy system to Magento 2 to meet Britt Worldwide's unique business, merchandising, and marketing requirements.
- The project required extensive customization to Paradox Lab's Adaptive Subscriptions extension to meet BWW's requirements for their subscription-based business model, including the handling of subscription renewals, transaction adjustments for upgrades/downgrades, and down-line reporting of subscription revenue for each IBO.
- The Magento 2 site was Integrated with legacy Microsoft ASP/.Net systems for single sign-on and custom reporting of legacy data. This included complex data conversion and migration, with new historical reporting for logged in business owners.
- Kadro developed a custom Magento 2 extension for selling domain name registrations and handling renewals through the domain name registrar eNow.
- Kadro developed a custom Magento 2 extension for handling seminar registrations and eTickets, with notification of eTicket via SMS/Text Messaging utilizing Twilio.
- Other integrations included ShipStation for fulfillment and Avalara's AvaTax for sales tax nexus.
- The BWW e-commerce system is not publicly accessible and only available for member IBO organizations.