Job Position: SQL / MySQL Database Developer
Kadro is looking for a Database Developer to join our eCommerce team. This position will be involved with both new and ongoing projects and be a key team member of our development teams.
This is a Database Developer position - we are looking for a strong software developer who has experience in writing database conversion scripts (for onboarding eCommerce businesses onto Magento) and stored procedures (for integrating backend systems to Magento). This is not a DBA position or a database design/architecture position.
- Design, modify and test stored procedures for integrating data from customers’ back office systems to Magento.
- Map customer-provided data into the Magento schema.
- Build and execute data migrations from legacy system to Magento
- Design and modify the Magento schema to support customers’ additional data needs.
- Support the engineering team in debugging data-related problems with customers.
- Build complex queries to run customized
- Develop complex queries and stored procedures using MySQL
- Design and development systems that meet defined business requirements
- Independently analyze and solve complex problems
- Evaluate large and complex data sets
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Coordinate data migrations with the engineering team
- Assist application developers in refining complex queues and performance tuning
- Assist with the debugging and optimization of SQL queries, stored procedures and overall database programming
- Participate in design and code reviews and ensure adherence to best practices
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 2+ years development experience with SQL databases
- Proficient in MySQL development (complex queries, stored procedures and user defined functions) and performance tuning
- Knowledge of tracking software such as Jira
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
2+ Years proven experience developing SQL queries and database conversions
This is a full time position based in Raleigh, NC. We will not cover cost for relocation, and you must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
MySQL: 2 years (Required)
United States (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules