Magento 2 Commerce Solution for Large Distributor of Pet Supplies
Serving Pet Professionals and Pet Supply Retailers
- Solution B2B eCommerce
- Platform Magento 2
Boss Pet Products and its PetEdge division is a leading distributor of wholesale professional pet grooming equipment and supplies. They are the largest supplier to pet-care professionals and independent retailers offering over 12,000 national brand and exclusive PetEdge branded products.
The PetEdge site at www.petedge.com provides products for the pet professional including pet groomers, veterinarians, pet trainers, breeders, government agencies, colleges, and other pet professionals. The Boss PetEdge Dealer Services site at www.bosspetedge.com is exclusively for retailers purchasing pet products at wholesale for reselling to their retail customers.
Prior to moving their eCommerce solution to Magento Commerce, Boss Pet Products operated their eCommerce sites with the SAP Web Channel Experience Management (WCEM) and CRM solutions (SAP CRM). The goal was to replace this eCommerce and CRM solution with the following objectives:
- Enhanced user experience for pet professionals and wholesale buyers to better navigate, search, and order through Boss PetEdge Products very large online product catalog.
- Improved mobile shopping experience by utilizing modern responsive web design and implementation.
- Enhanced tools for the website's content management and product catalog management to support marketing and merchandising teams.
- Full integration with SAP ECC back-end systems for real-time inventory, pricing, promotion, ordering, and fulfillment using webservice APIs.
- Custom CRM solution integrated in with the website order management interfaces for effective and easy management by CSRs.
Two sites on Magento Commerce launched May 2020:
- 2020-July-23 - Kadro Announces the Successful Re-platforming of Boss Petedge to Magento Commerce
- 2020-May-20 - PETEDGE Announces launch of its new website for its Pet Professionals Grooming Supplies and Equipment business
Evolving our eCommerce business onto Magento’s state of the art platform is paramount to delivering on the needs and expectations of our customers. Completing this major project without incurring any downtime was a tremendous success and Kadro lead us expertly every step of the way.
Key features and capabilities developed within Magento Commerce to meet Boss PetEdge Products' business and technical objectives include the following:
- Mobile friendly responsive web design and implementation across both sites.
- Full utilization of Magento Commerce's B2B feature set.
- Magento Commerce integrated in real time with SAP ECC via webservice APIs for the following elements:
- Pricing (including contract/client specific)
- Customer Data including bi-directional customer and address updates with SAP
- Cart line item quantity management in real-time based on response from SAP for available inventory at checkout
- Order History and details
- Custom Magento admin tools for large bulk product on-boarding and staging.
- Product detail order grids for efficient bulk ordering across product options such as color, sizes, styles, etc.
- Custom CRM solution integrated in Magento admin for improved CSR experience in managing orders and customer data.
- Multi-site Magento instance handling both business units for selling products directly to pet professionals and selling large wholesale orders through Boss PetEdge's Dealer Services.
- No middleware was utilized for the integration with SAP ECC; all integration points were implemented within Magento core for efficiency and performance.
- Complete data migration and conversion from pre-existing site to new Magento Commerce site for product catalog.